- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 hot dogs (Trader Joes brand), split down middle lengthwise
- 1 red/yellow/orange pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz. baby bella or white mushrooms, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Cooked rice
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Saute dogs 3-5 minutes on open side, 1-2 minutes on flipside, until meat is browned in spots. Set aside meat in a bowl to cool for a minute or two. Slice into 1-2 inch pieces. Cover w/foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in the skillet and heat until hot. Add vegetables and a few pinches of salt and stir well. Cover pot and turn to low, but keep it simmering. Stir every 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have released their juices.
- Add cut hot dogs with any accumulated juices and heat through.
- Serve with rice.