You can prepare this salad at least one day ahead or serve immediately.
In a large bowl combine and toss gently:
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts (NOT marinated, packed in water or vinegar), drained, lightly dried with paper towel
- 2 cans hearts of palm, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, sliced into strips crosswise (the short way)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed, lightly dried with paper towel
Add and gently stir in:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns pepper mill
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 chopped flat leaf parsley
Chill salad a few hours, overnight, a few days, whatever.
Serve any of the following ways: sprinkled with some freshly grated parmesan, atop baby spinach or arugula that's been tossed with a little fresh lemon juice and/or extra virgin olive oil.