Here's my most recent attempt at the same dish (which I didn't write down at the time). Hubby said, "This is the best thing you've ever made."
Maybe it'll be the best thing you ever make.
You can prepare this salad at least one day ahead or serve immediately.
In a large bowl combine and toss gently:
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts (NOT marinated, packed in water or vinegar), drained, lightly dried with paper towel
- 2 cans hearts of palm, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, sliced into strips crosswise (the short way)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed, lightly dried with paper towel
Add and gently stir in:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns pepper mill
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 chopped flat leaf parsley
Chill salad a few hours, overnight, a few days, whatever.
Serve any of the following ways: sprinkled with some freshly grated parmesan, atop baby spinach or arugula that's been tossed with a little fresh lemon juice and/or extra virgin olive oil.